March 11, 2010, 9:41 p.m.
2 Train – 72nd St. to Bergen St.
- What is political party of the current president?
- What is the name of one branch or part of the government?
- What is the supreme law of the land?
- How many amendments does the Constitution have?
- What are two Cabinet-level positions?
These are the questions, written in bold, that a young Dominican man has pulled out of a blue folder, out of a blue satchel, resting on his blue jeans, connecting his tush to the blue subway seat. This is the third page of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services citizenship test study guide. The answers are highlighted with italics and bullet points.
He’s wearing an Under Armour mesh baseball cap and all black Converse high tops. Who needs socks? He’s easily distracted, glancing around the car. He scoots over as a neighbor exits the train, and a pretty girl takes his old seat. He’s even more distracted now. Good luck.
Tags: New York, On Board, Subway, Writing
Comments: No Comments.